Before you start this process you must Activate/Freeze/Lock-in your tax roll by setting the Tax Roll Date in Tax Roll Setup.
The following steps will walk you through the process to immediately upload/send a copy/backup of your database to the Pontem remote server.
After you complete this process, you must immediately create a support case (see link at end of instructions) to let Pontem know you have completed the upload and would like them to make the new tax roll public.
To create the backup of your database and upload it to the Pontem remote server:
- Look for the upload application ICON on your desktop; double click to open the application.
- If you get a dialog stating it's already running, you can open it from the Systems Tray in the lower right corner
- Click on the up error to open the tray
- Right Click on the GBack Icon in the tray to get a pop up menu
- Select OPEN from the pop up menu
- When the application is open (see pic below), you will be presented with a list/grid with one item/job in the list. Select this item in the list - it will be highlighted in dark blue
- Once the the job is selected, you can run it by selecting a button on the speed bar
- Select YES when the confirmation dialog is displayed
IMPORTANT LAST STEP: Now you need to send a notice to Pontem before the end of the day.
Select this link Create a Support Case to create a support case, to alert the Pontem Technical team to publish the uploaded database to the Web Server.
When Pontem has finished the process of publishing your new tax roll (within 12 to 24 hours), they will send you an email with a link for you to check it out for yourself.