- In Tax Bills and Collections enter the parcel number and tax period for the bill to be edited in Quick Search. Click Search.
- With the bill record highlighted in the List View, click Split Tax Bill.
- A wizard will begin with the first page containing General Information.
- Determine Billing Cycle:
- Under the Child Parcel section:
- Enter the existing Child Parcel Number
- Select whether Parent special assessments will be applied to the Child
- Enter the Owner Name & Address – if necessary.
- Click Next.
Property Values Information
- Enter the ‘Assessed Value’, ‘Equalization Factor:’ and ‘Taxable Value’ in the Child Amount column. Note how the Child values subtract from the Parent values.
- Click Next.
Tax Bill Details
- Review the levy detail and note how they are subtracted from the Parent levies.
- Click Finish, or to perform another split on this bill click Split Again.
- The resulting receipts from this process will be prefixed with an “S”. They will display for printing at Finish and Split Again.
Considerations for Splitting a Bill
- If the Child Parcel Number does not exist in TA, at the Parent record in Manage Property Records | View | Descriptions | Splits History use the New Split option to add split(s).
- Note, in Pontem Tax Receipting this rule does not apply.
- The bill total of all Child parcels must match the total of the Parent bill. The last bill split may require minor adjustment to accommodate this rule.
- Any required additions or changes to the Tax Bill Details (levies) are accomplished using Edit Tax Bill in Tax Bills and Collections.
- An example of this would be a garbage assessment on the Parent required to be included on each new Child’s tax bill. This is not a value to be split, but a levy on each bill that should be included.