While logged into the database, click on File | Maintenance | Backup your Pontem [name of application] Data from the menu bar.
A ‘Backup’ window will appear displaying the path where the file will be created, and a description of the backup file.
All backup files will be saved to an archives folder location. Click OK to start the backup. Note the name of your backup file (.fbk) contains the database name, and the date and time the .fbk file was created.
The following notification will appear when the backup is complete:
Click OK to close the backup utility.
NOTE: If you do not have rights to save a file or gback.exe is not installed you will receive an error message that a backup cannot be performed. Contact Pontem Technical Support for assistance.
About the Optimizing Your Database
The Database Restore function will also perform a database optimization . As a result, you will often detect an increase in the speed of database transactions once a restore is completed.
NOTE: Users cannot be logged into a database when a restore operation is in progress. Restoration processes must also be run from your server if the software is installed on a network.
- The Restore must be performed on the server.
- All users must be logged out of the database before you start the restore and until the process has completed.
- Any user with a Pontem software user login can run the restore, but only if he/she has sufficient network rights to the archive folder and .fbk files.
File | Maintenance | Restore your [Pontem Product] Data.
Select a backup file from Database to be Restored list. The list shows all existing backup files. The newest backup file can be found at the top of the list.
- Be sure you select the most current back up. If you select and older version, you will loose all data changes and additions made after the date of the file you select.
- If your Pontem software database is stored on a computer other than your local machine, select the name of the appropriate server from the drop-down list or click on the ‘Browse’ button to find and select the name of the server where your data resides.
After selecting the file to be restored, select the 'OK' button.
Once your database has been restored you will see the following advisory:
Click OK to acknowledge the message and close the restore utility. Restoration of your Pontem database is now complete.