- In Tax Bills and Collections click on the ‘Tools’ tab and select Post E-Payments.
- Either select an Agent from the Agent drop-down list or click on New Agent to create one.
- When creating a new Agent:
- Set the Payment Method to: EPAY – E-Payment.
- Set the File Type to: Mortgage Escrow. *
- Set the Refund method to: Against Each Bill.
- Click OK to save.
Preparing to Import Your E-Payments
- After selecting an Agent and tax period, click on New Import to bring up the ‘Import E-payments Form’ and locate the ‘Payment’ file.
- Click OK.
- Click Post Batch button in lower-right to begin import of the E-Payment file.
Running the Pre-Payment Verification Report
- Once the E-Payment file finishes loading, on the ‘Payments’ tab click the Print Report button located upper-right. (This report will show you a listing of payments in the E-Payments file before actually importing it.)
- Next, click on the ‘Errors’ tab to view if there are any bills already paid, or any other errors needing attention.
- If the totals from the Pre-Payment Verification Report match the check/s amount, click on the Batch Summary button in the lower-right.
You are now looking at the Tax Receipt Distribution window. Entering values for Reference (or Check #), Payer's Name information or Receipt Comments will post that information against all receipts created as part of this E-Payment batch.
- Once you are ready to post the entire batch of payments, click on the Post Payment button in the lower-right and wait for the ‘Receipts window’ to show you a list of the receipts created.
- Click on the Print button in the upper-right to print an E-Pay Audit Report, or a Tax Receipt Summary Report for the payments you just made.
- You also have the option to print the receipts or just click the Close button in the lower-right to completethe process.
*NOTE: This same process can be used to set up and post electronic e-payments collected through your bank to your lockbox. Simply set the File type to Lockbox – 3 Column instead of ‘Mortgage Escrow.’